You are here
Tech/ Regulatory Assistance
CPWR provides technical support to unions, workers, industry and scientific associations, as well as construction owners, and contractors worldwide.
Selected examples of recent contributions include:
- Expert witness remarks for the NJ Legislature on dry cutting masonry, Trenton, NJ
- Presented information to the National Erectors Association on health hazards of Manganese associated with welding and recommended controls, Cleveland, OH.
- Developed medical surveillance components of proposed OSHA Standard for Silica, Washington, D.C.
- Participated in Building and Construction Trades Department working group on substance abuse testing in construction to develop Model testing policy, D.C.
- Chaired ANSI A.10.29 subcommittee on emergency procedures for construction sites. Chicago, IL
- Member of World Trade Center exposure assessment work group, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, developing guidelines for assessing ongoing exposures of former WTC emergency site workers, NYC, NY.
- Evaluated state-based surveillance proposals for National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Arlington, VA.
- Developed medical basis for compensation criteria in Fairness in Asbestos Injury Resolution Act, Washington, D.C.
- Worked with BCTD Affiliates to develop comments, testimony and brief in OSHA hexavalent chromium hearings, Washington, D.C.
- Participated in review of NIOSH NPPTL respirator total inward leakage research and proposed respirator testing regulations, Pittsburgh , PA.
- Supported joint effort with OSHA Construction Directorate and Harvard University to evaluate OSHA inspection targeting in construction, Boston, MA.
- Supported joint effort with University of Maryland to compare what workers’ compensation data is collected in MD vs. other states, College Park, MD.
- Presented research on Hispanic construction fatality rates to House Subcommittee on Workforce Protections, Washington, D.C.